Pros & Cons of Invisalign Teen® Clear Aligners
Pros of Invisalign Teen
- The aligners are clear, making Invisalign® a great option for those teens who are self-conscious about being seen wearing traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This can be quite helpful if your child plays sports or a musical instrument.
- Since the aligners are removed before eating, your child can eat whatever they like, whenever they want. Teeth cleaning is also as simple as it has always been.
- The soft, comfortable plastic in the aligners allow for a more comfortable orthodontic treatment. There are no wires or brackets that might irritate the mouth.
Cons of Invisalign Teen
- The aligners need to be brushed daily to prevent food or anything acidic from getting trapped inside of them and subsequently pressing against your child’s teeth.
- The treatment isn’t effective unless your child wears the aligners for 22 hours a day (or however long your orthodontist recommends).
- Invisalign doesn’t always work on more complicated orthodontic problems.
Invisalign Teen can be a great alternative to metal braces. To find out, contact us at our Cambridge pediatric dental office to schedule a consultation. We’re looking forward to putting your teen on the path toward a straighter and healthier smile!